Dear Patients of Avail Dermatology:
The physicians at Avail Dermatology are continuously monitoring the latest guidelines on management of the COVID-19 outbreak via the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the World Health Organization (WHO). As these recommendations are updated, we will modify our procedures as needed to minimize the risks of spreading infection. Avail Dermatology will continue to operate normal business hours unless otherwise notified.
At this time, we would like to inform you of our latest policy:
- We ask all patients and their families and other close contacts, who have a fever, cough, symptoms of a respiratory infection, or have been exposed to a person with coronavirus, the flu or any other communicable disease to reschedule their appointments or surgeries. At this time we are waiving cancellation fees.
- If you are at all concerned you may have a serious infectious disease, please seek care at your primary care physician’s office or local hospital’s emergency department.
- If you have travelled recently to any country specified by the CDC as a Level 1, 2, or 3 Health Advisory country, please reschedule your appointment or surgery. These countries can be monitored at https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices. Currently, they include
- Level 3 (highest risk): Italy, China, Iran
- Level 2: South Korea, Japan
- Level 1: France, Spain, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore
Please remember that the best way to prevent the spread of communicable disease is cleanliness and hand washing. The CDC has guidelines on personal practices to reduce infection risk.
There is still quite a bit of influenza activity in the US which is still more likely to cause serious illness than the coronavirus. If you have not yet received a flu shot, it is not too late and is still being recommended by the CDC.
We are taking extra precautions and have added additional hand sanitizers throughout the practice. We sanitize our workstations and counters continuously throughout the day and will continue to do so.
We will continue to monitor this situation and post new information to our website and commicate via email if urgent. Thank you.
– The providers and staff of Avail Dermatology