Dear Patients of Avail Dermatology:
The physicians at Avail Dermatology are continuously monitoring the latest guidelines on management of the COVID-19 outbreak via the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the World Health Organization (WHO). As these recommendations are updated, we will modify our procedures as needed to minimize the risks of spreading infection. Avail Dermatology will continue to operate normal business hours unless otherwise notified.
At this time, we would like to inform you of our latest policy:
- We ask all patients and their families and other close contacts, who have a fever, cough, symptoms of a respiratory infection, or have been exposed to a person with coronavirus, the flu or any other communicable disease to reschedule their appointments or surgeries. At this time we are waiving cancellation fees
- If you are at all concerned you may have a serious infectious disease, please seek care at your primary care physician’s office or local hospital’s emergency department.
- TEMPERATURES: Upon arrival, you will be screened for fever. If your temperature is over 100ºF, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- MASKS: Based on the latest CDC guidance, we require that patients wear a mask throughout their visit to our facility. This is for the protection of our employees and the other patients around you. We request that you bring your own mask or face covering. Those who arrive without one will be provided with one upon arrival.
- VISITORS/FAMILY MEMBERS: We ask that you come alone for your appointment, to minimize crowding in our facility. The only exception would be for those patients who require assistance to be seen, or for minor children in the care of the patient. All other guests will be asked to remain outside the building or in their car.
- EARLY ARRIVAL: In order to maintain social distancing in our office, if you arrive more than 15 minutes early, you may be asked to wait in your car. We will text you when it is time for you to enter the office.
- FACILITY CLEANING: We are taking extra precautions and have added additional hand sanitizers throughout the practice. We sanitize our workstations and counters continuously throughout the day and will continue to do so.
Please remember that the best way to prevent the spread of communicable diseases is cleanliness and hand washing. The CDC has guidelines on personal practices to reduce infection risk.
Remember too that we are entering flu season and we strongly recommend that all patients get a flu vaccination by the end of October to protect themselves and their families.
We will continue to monitor this situation and post new information to our website and communicate via email if urgent. Thank you.
– The providers and staff of Avail Dermatology