Taking care of your body means taking care of your skin. Women have known this for a long time and now men are beginning to realize how important skin care is to the overall health of the body. Men and women may share the basic needs for skincare such as sun screens, moisturizers, and use of anti-aging products, but men are starting to understand that they have specific needs, different from women, that require a tailored approach.
Here are 5 simple tips that every man should know when it comes to taking care of your skin.
- Post-shaving treatments. Shaving can be hard on the skin and many men with more sensitive skin develop problems such as skin irritation, redness or painful ingrown hairs. In some cases, simple over the counter post-shaving lotions are helpful, but if that is not solving the problem, your dermatologist can offer a variety of prescription and non-prescription treatments to make shaving pleasant again.
- Invest in your razors. Always use good razors and replace them often. Your skin will feel and look better when it is less irritated.
- Wear sunscreen every day. Sunscreen not only protects the skin from excessive sun exposure, it can act as a daily moisturizer and when used on a regular basis can keep the skin from getting dry and irritated which can make shaving an uncomfortable experience. Your dermatologist can help you decide what type of sunscreen would work best for your skin as well as your lifestyle.
- Adopt a daily cleansing routine. A gentle cleanser, used on a regular basis, can do wonders for the skin. It can remove oils and impurities that make the skin look and feel dull and lifeless. Contact your dermatologist to review which cleansers would work best for your specific skin type.
- Moisturize regularly. Just like cleansing, moisturizing should become a part of your daily routine. Skin that lacks moisture can look and feel old and weathered and this can be both uncomfortable as well as unattractive. Your dermatologist can help you decide what type of moisturizer would work best for your specific skin care needs.
It’s time that men discover the benefits of routine skin care. Taking care of the body means taking care of the whole body – skin included. So take care of business and schedule an appointment with Avail Dermatology today to learn more about how to keep your skin looking young and attractive.